09-01-2016 01:10 AM
Administrator
Thanked 165 Times
in 65 Posts
Who Knows A Good Software Developer?

Is there anyone on this forum that is a software developer, or knows a reliable software developer or two?

Topic/s the developer ideally can work in (doesn't have to be all):
- Social Media Marketing (i.e. Facebook softwares, Social Posting softwares, etc.)
- Has created both online-based and desktop softwares (or specializes in either)
- Speaks English
- Has created Mobile Apps
- Experienced in/has made softwares/programs with Ruby on Rails

We as marketers obviously need help with creation of softwares so if you have any referrals, comment them below! And if you are looking for a developer yourself and you haven't had any luck yet on www.upwork.com yet, use this thread to connect to get your next (or first) product of 2016 done!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to eva maria For This Useful Post:
Sam Bakker (01-09-2016)
srecko olujic (01-10-2016)
Danny Devries (01-12-2016)
davidgoldfinch (01-17-2016)
3plus6 (01-21-2016)
(01-25-2016)
17-01-2016, 08:19 AM
Founding Member
Thanked 147 Times
in 83 Posts

My friend is a Rails programmer who I work closely with on Government contracts. He's the Lead Developer on several large web-based apps for Fortune 500 corporations as well - in short a brilliant buy. I am trying to lure him to the IM marketplace or at least to the opportunities afforded in this sphere ..and should he nudge, I shall introduce him.

The Following 1 User Say Thank You to davidgoldfinch For This Useful Post:
eva maria (01-17-2016)
17-01-2016, 08:21 AM
Administrator
Thanked 165 Times
in 65 Posts

Thanks David! If he ever decides to "go IM", send him over this way to the forum :D

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eva maria For This Useful Post:
davidgoldfinch (01-18-2016)
(01-25-2016)
18-01-2016, 12:49 AM
Founding Member
Thanked 147 Times
in 83 Posts

Thanks Eva - will do!

The Following 1 User Say Thank You to davidgoldfinch For This Useful Post:
eva maria (01-18-2016)
21-01-2016, 06:49 PM
Free member
Thanked 194 Times
in 274 Posts

I am looking for a programmer / developer but I don't know how to word the ad as I wouldn't have a clue as to the difference between CSS, Joomla, SQL, Java etc.. - it's all double Dutch to me! (no offence Danny 😏

What I need is a fairly simple programme that when you start it;

1. - it pops up the first field (which is labelled) where you can enter in the relevant data eg Name
  2. - as you hit enter from the first field, the next field pops up and so on... (I think things like this used to be done in MS Access)

- You would need to be able to edit the fields in case of error

- the fields would need to be able to be changed, or add an extra field if required (or delete one)

- it would need to be a web based programme as opposed to a desktop that you download to your local pc (or both)

Also, you would need to be able to select which fields will be printed when you hit PRINT (which you could save as a default) and there would have to be different printing options; ie one for the office, one for the employee etc (as you might not want the employee seeing some info).

This is the sort of thing I am looking at - if anyone could point me in the right direction as to what kind of programmer / developer I am looking for it would be appreciated, as I could write my ad.

Thanks

The Following 1 User Say Thank You to 3plus6 For This Useful Post:
eva maria (01-22-2016)
22-01-2016, 05:27 AM
Founding Member
Thanked 147 Times
in 83 Posts

I am looking for a programmer / developer but I don't know how to word the ad as I wouldn't have a clue as to the difference between CSS, Joomla, SQL, Java etc.. - it's all double Dutch to me! (no offence Danny 😏

1. - it pops up the first field (which is labelled) where you can enter in the relevant data eg Name
  2. - as you hit enter from the first field, the next field pops up and so on... (I think things like this used to be done in MS Access)

- the fields would need to be able to be changed, or add an extra field if required (or delete one)

- it would need to be a web based programme as opposed to a desktop that you download to your local pc (or both)

Also, you would need to be able to select which fields will be printed when you hit PRINT (which you could save as a default) and there would have to be different printing options; ie one for the office, one for the employee etc (as you might not want the employee seeing some info).

This is the sort of thing I am looking at - if anyone could point me in the right direction as to what kind of programmer / developer I am looking for it would be appreciated, as I could write my ad.

Thanks

Hey Ian,

I would start with an off the shelf product which can be customized easily. Check out CodeCanyon.net and search for "Forms". Sort by trending or Sales and then check the top few out. formcraft-wp.com is an example of one that does what you want. "Multi-page" forms are what you are looking for I assume?

If you are looking to create a product, I would still look at the best form products on CodeCanyon so that I can at least have a frame of reference when hiring a developer.

A php / javascript developer will be able to build out one of these bad-boys to your specs. Hire on upwork or even look at licensing one of the CodeCanyon products. A php developer who can build out a Wordpress plugin would even be better as these tend to sell better on the Zoo.

-David.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to davidgoldfinch For This Useful Post:
3plus6 (01-22-2016)
eva maria (01-22-2016)
22-01-2016, 04:54 PM
Free member
Thanked 194 Times
in 274 Posts

Hey Ian,

I would start with an off the shelf product which can be customized easily. Check out CodeCanyon.net and search for "Forms". Sort by trending or Sales and then check the top few out. formcraft-wp.com is an example of one that does what you want. "Multi-page" forms are what you are looking for I assume?

If you are looking to create a product, I would still look at the best form products on CodeCanyon so that I can at least have a frame of reference when hiring a developer.

A php / javascript developer will be able to build out one of these bad-boys to your specs. Hire on upwork or even look at licensing one of the CodeCanyon products. A php developer who can build out a Wordpress plugin would even be better as these tend to sell better on the Zoo.

-David.

Thanks for that David, this is actually for an offline business, it would just streamline things so much and save them hours a day and once I get it right I believe I could sell it / license it to others in the same industry. It's a bit of a no brainer really imho

I have looked around CodeCanyon previously for this task but didn't know to look for 'forms'. I'll also check out formcraft-wp.com, hadn't heard of that site before.

Thanks again, much appreciated. 
The Following 1 User Say Thank You to 3plus6 For This Useful Post:
eva maria (01-22-2016)
25-01-2016, 09:25 PM
Thanked 2 Times
in 1 Posts

Thanks

I can help you to find a professional.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/_~01c24b59100dfb3c77/

He is a upwork freelancer and I ever hired him for my site and he did more than I expected.

Here's his email address and skype id

email: kkstronger@aol.com

skype id: mrgreen0701

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vTiger For This Useful Post:
eva maria (01-26-2016)
3plus6 (01-26-2016)
05-02-2016, 03:54 AM
Thanked 11 Times
in 11 Posts

Hi Eva,

I'm a developer myself, and had created Social Media application called Sociocaster - Sam Bakker was on 1st Leaderboard on our 2nd launch on last November '15 :)

I always seek for strategic partnership and good ideas to develop new application and deploy it to the market.

Drop a PM if you interested to discuss further.

Thank you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adi Suandharu For This Useful Post:
eva maria (02-08-2016)
3plus6 (02-16-2016)
15-03-2016, 06:49 PM
Free member
Thanked 1 Times
in 1 Posts

Hi Eva,

I just joined the site and was browsing and found your question, so I thought I would introduce myself...

I am a software developer mostly client/server apps in C, Java, C++. A lot of experience with relational database creation/definition, SQL, etc. I'm just working on some Ruby On Rails apps. I used to create Mac programs using pre OS 10 and have a lot of UNIX/Linux server experience, also used to write raw postscript for pre-press applications, and IBM 370 Assembler...not too much call for either of them now :)

Contact me if you ever want to discuss a development opportunity.

The Following 1 User Say Thank You to terryfyi For This Useful Post:
eva maria (03-17-2016)
17-03-2016, 09:15 AM
Administrator
Thanked 165 Times
in 65 Posts

Thanks @terryfyi! :D Send me an email with some examples of your recent software :) evamaria12345@gmail.com - if not us, I'm sure someone we know could use your knowledge!

The Following 1 User Say Thank You to eva maria For This Useful Post:
Register Now To Post On This Thread