01-01-2016 07:05 PM
Administrator
Thanked 796 Times
in 454 Posts
Video Motion Pro Launch - An Insider Look at a $920,000 launch...

One of the biggest launches I have been a part of was Video Motion Pro.

It was a product that Josh Ratta and Rohit Shah had created and I traveled to London to be with him before launch and help out where I could.

The launch itself was a great success. I wanted to update here from an insider to that launch what it took for it to really break through and make the big numbers.

First of all Josh is a really well known vendor. Josh and I have been friends since we were 5 years old and have talked with each other and met up throughout the time that he decided he wanted to get online and start making money.

Video Motion Pro was a big success for a number of reasons so ill break it down here.

First if you missed the Video Motion Pro launch you can google it or go to the website here to check it out: http://videomotionpro.com.

1. The product was something the market NEEDED:

Often with so many products coming into the marketplace it's difficult to find a unique angle or a product that stands out. You can do a good launch with a product that's been launched before, you can even make over $100,000 with a product that's launched many times over. If you want to generate $1,000,000 you need to be unique. The key to Video Motion Pro is while it had been done before by Techsmith (Camtasia) many people in our community hadn't bought a screen recording software because of the price or they didn't understand the value as JVs aren't incentivized by Camtasia to tell people about it. Video Motion Pro was good because it came in with a similar product but a very unique angle for the market. It also made it really easy to understand the value in a screen recording software because almost EVERY marketer uses a screen recording software (including me).

2. The Pricing Structure Was Good:

Josh started off with $67 on the front end $67 OTO1, $197 OTO2, $47 OTO3

Josh's funnel could have been better but it didn't matter so much because the 'per customer value' was always going to be high having a $67 price on the front end opposed to a $47 or $27 on the front end. There is more money to be made from the funnel but $67 in itself is often quite a decent amount to generate from the front.

3. The offer was clearly communicated

Josh broke down the product really well and in his video he actually demonstrated the product really well. You can see the video Josh created here: https://youtu.be/4G8D1AlpEZY

When people see this video and then discover that it's been made with the Video Motion Software it's quite powerful. Josh demonstrated not only the product can create high quality videos but also that it can screen record really well - the product itself was shown really well. When you're creating your own sales videos you can use this as a good base to build from - Josh did a really good job with this one to showcase the product in a way that people got enough information that they could confidently make the decision that they wanted to get Video Motion Pro.

4. JVs created a ton of buzz

Josh managed to get a lot of JV support on for the launch. He didn't have that much support 2 weeks out though. The reason he was able to get a really good amount of support actually came down to a meeting Josh, me and Joey Xoto had. Joey is a whiz with video. He created this video here for the campaign and released it on Facebook about 10 days before launch and also mailed it to his list (thinking Video Motion Pro was launching at least a week earlier). This video in itself had a massive impact. I had no idea that 1 video could make such a difference for a launch before seeing this. It instantly was watched by both affiliates, customers and anyone who had any interest in the space. It must have been viewed thousands of times. It got affiliates on board and customers. It showcased the software and told a story about why it was created. A big takeaway for me from this was 'create a professional looking video people can connect with and it can have more of an impact than messaging affiliates, JVs, or customers personally.

5. Pre-Launch

Josh had created an extended pre-launch of about 2 weeks. During this time he created videos on different parts of making money with screen recorded videos. The videos were done really well. They broke down the important parts relating to video recording and gave people many different insights into how they could use the Video Motion Pro software once it launched. It helped build buzz and it meant that much of this community already knew they wanted the product before it even went live which is really important when you're looking to go big with a launch.
Here are his pre-launch videos:

http://videomotionpro.io/90-video-success/
http://videomotionpro.io/yt-traffic-booster/

6. Pre-Launch Webinar

There is no point in watching this webinar because you wont learn much from it - it wasn't a good webinar. People on the webinar were so excited it didn't matter what I said or taught them - all they needed was a reason to buy. I offered a coupon which meant that everyone had an inventive to jump through quickly and act. Was the pre-launch webinar necessary?

I think YES - reason being that people were on the webinar because they knew about the software but they probably had questions, wanted to see more of the software and were possibly on the fence about buying. Once the discount was available for 10 minutes there was so much buzz everyone on the webinar jumped in. We had over 1500 sales from the webinar alone which means that about 90% of the 1000 people on the webinar must have bought more than 1 item inside of the Video Motion Pro funnel with the coupon.

7. Riding A Trend:

Video was the HOTTEST topic in 2015. Some might challenge that and say 'Ecomm was' Ecomm was hot when video started to cool down after November. Video owned the spotlight for a long time. Video was everywhere, video software, video training programs. Every week there was a video launch. With all of the buzz people were well aware and well trained about the benefit of video. This community was already 'pre-sold' on video. This is BIG - people knew they needed video and had an understanding of where it fitted in. Josh's software was really the ONLY software that hadn't been seen by the marketplace yet 'a screen recording software' this made a big impact and allowed him to really capitalize on the video trend across the entire community.

Take Aways:

The product is key

In order to create a successful 7 figure launch you need a good product to match. Josh put atleast 6 months to a year into his product. He went to all lengths to get it as good as it possibly could be and invested over $100,000 into the product itself. Was this a risk? YES with the biggest risks often come the biggest rewards (or losses).

Pre-Launch is almost always a MUST

When you're investing so much time into a product it can become really easy to forget that you need to build up anticipation about the product itself. I've seen it so many times where people believe that there product is so good as soon as it goes live it will sell itself. This isnt the case - if you have a good product it's only an even BIGGER reason to make more noise!

A pre-launch webinar can be a very good option for any launch but especially a launch that has a lot of anticipation built up. I ran the webinar as Josh prepared everything that needed to happen for launch as the product was going live. The buzz we had on the webinar was enormous. The webinar had packed out - there was over 1000 people on the call and others trying to get in. I used this to build anticipation even more. The webinar itself was one of the worst I've ever delivered - it was almost embarrassing because I hadn't had the chance to prepare much of what I wanted to for the webinar. It didn't matter - people on the call were already sold whether they knew it or not. All the webinar needed was one good reason why people should buy and they would jump through the door. I dropped a link and said there was a limited coupon available (Which there was) for 10 minutes. People flooded in. By the end of that 10 minutes over 1500 sales had been made through the discount coupon I dropped and the launch was already over $100,000.

Don't be afraid to make changes

3 days out from launch buzz was already created, Facebook was already talking but affiliates hadn't quite got around to making bonus pages, talking about the product. A couple of affiliates had mailed their list but not much else had happened. To make matters worse the product was having an issue - it was minor but it was taking a bit longer than it needed to to get fixed. We talked and made the decision to move the launch back 1 week. We OK'd it with affiliates and bumped it. That 1 week period made a MASSIVE difference.

We wouldn't have had 1000 people on a webinar without it, there could have been problems with the product when it launched, affiliates wouldn't have got on board, I doubt the launch would have passed 500k without the move for another week. We moved it to a perfect date and it gave a much needed 1 week for JVs to check out the product even more.

Trust in yourself

One of the biggest things that really impressed me about Josh is that he was composed and believed that he had the makings of a 7 figure launch even a few months out from launch. We talked a lot about how this launch would be a 7 figure launch - everything Josh did from the salespage, sales video and the pre-launch was based around the premise that it would be a 7 figure launch.

Conclusion:

The best way to learn the process of making money online is by observing what others are doing. In Josh's case he had observed other launches, taken away what he needed to and reached out to the right people at the right time to ensure his launch would be a success. It wasn't an individual effort and it wasn't overnight. It was a long process that had taken Josh 2 years to get to this point.

If you're looking to create your own BIG launch down the track the best thing you can do right now is get into the right habits. When people see that you're going through the right process, creating quality products and launching them in the right way they pay attention.

When you go into launch read this post here if it's useful, study what helped Josh's launch to be such a success and duplicate the process that Josh has gone through to create such a good all around launch. A 7 figure launch is more than just a good product, you need to be good in all aspects of the launch. Focus on developing skills in all of these areas throughout the Bakkers Board site, connect with the community and you'll find you are able to achieve far more.

Anything to add to this list? Did you find this useful? Any questions for Josh, Joey or I?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sam Bakker For This Useful Post:
davidgoldfinch (01-18-2016)
3plus6 (01-19-2016)
Damon Malkiewicz (01-19-2016)
indachips (01-21-2016)
srecko olujic (01-30-2016)
18-01-2016, 01:55 AM
Founding Member
Thanked 147 Times
in 83 Posts

Great write-up Sam! I use Premiere Pro and After Effects in a  Professional production environment - and I still bought this product. The key for me was the extras that pushed this from cool tool to must have, namely the lower third animations, intro / outro and the screen recording all wrapped up in one. I would usually pay for a Intro animation or outsource it on a project by project basis, this had enough built in styles that I could force myself using this product as a complimentary app.

Also, from the outset, the thing that stood out was the extra polish on everything. It conveyed the class of the product before it had even launched. You almost felt like this was an Apple launch or something lol.

"One of the biggest things that really impressed me about Josh is that he was composed and believed that he had the makings of a 7 figure launch even a few months out from launch. We talked a lot about how this launch would be a 7 figure launch - everything Josh did from the salespage, sales video and the pre-launch was based around the premise that it would be a 7 figure launch." --> Intentionality in design is a biggie for capturing attention and communicating the values not only of the product but of the vendor AND the experience of owning the product.

Looking forward to more of these types of posts!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to davidgoldfinch For This Useful Post:
3plus6 (01-19-2016)
Sam Bakker (01-19-2016)
19-01-2016, 02:29 PM
Founding Member
Thanked 182 Times
in 256 Posts

Wow, great post Sam - many thanks!

I don't have any questions as yet but I'm sure they will come in time. I'm slowly piecing lots of stuff together that I have recently learned, and I'm not surprised that Josh worked on the product so long before the launch. After reading this post and another one of your posts on your FB page re the SocialPop launch I'm starting to figure out a whole new bunch of stuff!

Thanks again! 

The Following 1 User Say Thank You to 3plus6 For This Useful Post:
Sam Bakker (01-19-2016)
21-01-2016, 11:22 PM
Thanked 37 Times
in 18 Posts
It's a  great article on a BIG launch.  Really interesting insights.

Pre-launching is usually only done to your list from what I see most people do. It sounds like this pre-launch was engaging affiliates.  It'd be more interesting to hear about tested, proven strategies in prelaunch, launch day and launch webinars.  I've never done a launch webinar or a pre-launch other than to my own list.  In the past I never needed to but it's harder to break through the noise now.

Marlon
The Following 1 User Say Thank You to indachips For This Useful Post:
31-12-2016, 12:15 AM
Founding Member
Thanked 182 Times
in 256 Posts

05-01-2017, 06:35 AM
Founding Member
Thanked 182 Times
in 256 Posts

Register Now To Post On This Thread